torsdag 6. oktober 2011

The blessing of the spiritual family, 7.11.2011

Today
i recieved the news
Of a dear godbrother
Being awarded
Saffron.
Our Guru Maharaja
Expressed
The deep commitment,
Expectations and
Dedication
Naturally woven into this cloth,
In this way giving
His magnanimous blessings.

In all honesty,
I felt my own spiritual
Shortcomings
Mirrored
In the glory of this
Event.
And
A question arose
From within:
“Is this inspiration
Or envy?”

Indeed.
Where is my heart truly
Situated?
What is the nature
Of my purity?
Is there even
Something worthy of being
Labeled: “Pure”.

Yes and no.

But how
Can this be?

And suddenly it dawns upon me!

Realizing your envious
Tendencies,
You become inspired
To make a change!

By admitting
To the craving
For self agrandazement and
Resultant
Degrading, offensive,
Most horribly misplaced
Denigration
Of the saintly person,
I am
In actuality
Awarded  the insight
Of awakening to the need for
Improvement
Of my character.

I see it so clearly!
It is that
Unmistakable
Nauseating feeling,
Of a sort of
Appreciative  self contempt.

Therefore,
Let it be said:
“I welcome you
 Brother Envy.
You are the friend of
Any introspective
Person.
By your grace,
One can confront
Those dark secrets
Hidden away
Deep down in that well
Of the lower modes of nature.

You have done me a great service today.
To repay this dept,
I see no other option
In my heart,
But to leave you
For the forest
Of penance and
Appreciation.

Please bless me… “

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar